The 2023 International Academic Competitions European Championships Registration
International Academic Competitions will hold its 2023 European Championships at Benjamin Franklin International School in Barcelona from Friday, June 9 – Sunday, June 11, 2023. Registration is now open for qualified students and teams!
Please read the following before registering! The registration is then linked below.
1. Payments may also be made in cash at the tournament site in any currency with exchange rates calculated by the interbank exchange rates posted at www.xe.com at the time payment is received. There is a 5% surcharge on the above listed prices for paying in any currency that is not US Dollars, Swiss Francs, British Pounds, or Euros.
2. Schools are still required to bring a reader for every two teams they bring or fraction thereof. The penalty for each missing reader is $100 for the Academic Bowl and $150 for the History Bowl. Single-student Academic Bowl or History Bowl teams are exempt from this requirement, but dual student teams are not.
3. Schools sending school teams in the History Bowl are also required to provide one reader for each individual Bee competition in which they have at least two competing students. If there are 9-16 students from a school competing in an individual Bee, then two readers must be provided (and 3 readers for 17-24 students, etc.) A missing reader in each Bee competition incurs a $75 penalty. The penalty fees are used to pay for outside staff to make up the shortfall.
4. If payments (including any fees for not providing readers) are not received by 1pm Barcelona time on Sunday, June 11, then a 15% surcharge will be added to any outstanding amounts.
5. At the European Championships, there is no limit on the number of students who can compete on a History Bowl or Academic Bowl team (though note that only up to 4 players can play on a team at once, and participants cannot switch teams once they have started the competition). As always, students on a History Bowl team or Academic Bowl team must all attend the same school.
6. Refund and cancellation policies:
– You can cancel your registration for free (minus a $50 refund fee regardless of the amount) until Tuesday, May 30, 2023 (which is the registration deadline) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Teams and students dropping between May 25, 2023 and June 5, 2023 owe 50% of their registration fees. Participants / schools are liable to pay these registration fees regardless of whether or not they have actually submitted payment, as by this point, we need to have hired and paid for staff, their travel, and the awards based on our original registration numbers.
– Teams and students dropping on or after June 6, 2023 owe 100% of their registration fees. Participants / schools are liable to pay these registration fees regardless of whether or not they have actually submitted payment, as by this point, we need to have hired and paid for staff, their travel, and the awards based on our original registration numbers.
For further information please see here for costs and here for the schedule of events and general information. For further questions, please email Mr. David Madden at email@example.com.