Registration for the 2020 International History Bee and Bowl & International Geography Bee European Championships will open in late 2019 after the first regional tournaments have been held of the 2019-2020 academic year.
When registration opens, a registration link will be provided on this page.
Registration using the form above is required in advance of the Championships. Upon registration, you will be sent an invoice with payment instructions. Please see the “Costs” tab on the menu bar for a list of prices and fees.
Please keep the following in mind:
1. Online Registration is REQUIRED and is only available online through this site. After you register, you will receive an invoice at the email address that you mentioned.
2. Schools need to bring at least one reader (who can be a teacher, a parent or even a non-playing student) who can speak English clearly for every two teams they bring (or fraction thereof). That person may be asked to assist with reading questions and/or scorekeeping.
Schools need to ask our permission for entering teams without readers, and if it’s granted, for every team they miss bringing a reader for, there will be a penalty of 100 USD (or equivalent in local currency).
3. Each school must provide a valid contact email address for its contact person. Each school must designate ONE official contact person. This can be a teacher, administrator, or parent.
4. For the 2019-2020 academic year, the Varsity Division is meant for students born in August 2003 or earlier. The Junior Varsity Division is meant for students born from September 2003-August 2005. The Middle School Division is for students born in September 2005 or thereafter. In the Bowls, you can have younger students compete on a team in an older division, but not vice versa. In the Bees, the students can’t play up.
5. Teams can have an unlimited number of members at the Championships, though only four students can play at any one time.
6. Regarding our cancellation policy (updated for 2020 as shown here):
– You can cancel your registration for free until May 15 (which is the registration deadline) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Teams and students dropping between May 16 and May 25 owe 50% of their registration fees.
– Teams and students dropping after May 25 owe 100% of their registration fees.
7. For any questions please contact the Director of IHBB’s European Division, Mr Emilio Ergueta, at email@example.com