Registration Information from the 2021-2022 School Year
Welcome to the Registration Page for The International History Bee and Bowl’s European Division! Due to the ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic, we will offering a mix of offline and online tournaments this academic year. All students may compete in our Fall Online Regional Event 0n November 13th-14th, 2021 on the Beta Question Set. If the public health situation in your local area permits, students may participate in an in-person regional in the Spring of 2021. The timing and status of these regionals will be posted at this website. However, if students prefer they may instead compete in our Spring Online Regional Event on March 26th-27th, 2022 on the Alpha Question Set. Those students who perform well at regionals will qualify for the 2022 European Championships in Basel, Switzerland from May 26th-29th, 2022.
For any questions please contact our European Director, Mr. Emilio Ergueta, at email@example.com
Registration Information from the 2019-2020 School Year
Registration is now open for all tournaments in the 2019-2020 school year that have been scheduled thus far; other tournaments will be added on an ongoing basis.
To register, click on the link here to access the new registration form for 2019-2020!
Registration is required in advance of each tournament. Please sign up at least a week and a day (i.e. 8 days) before the tournament. If you need to register a week or less before the tournament, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to accommodate you, but we make no guarantees. Upon registration, you will be sent an invoice with payment instructions. Please see the “Costs” tab on the menu bar for a list of prices and fees. Note that the Bee is included for all students who sign up with a Bowl team. If you are interested in registering a student solely for the Bee, please email email@example.com for further details.
Please also keep the following in mind:
1. Online Registration is REQUIRED and is only available online through this site. After you register, you will receive an invoice at the email address that you mentioned.
2. Schools need to bring at least one reader (who can be a teacher, a parent or even a non-playing student) who can speak English clearly for every two teams they bring (or fraction thereof, so for example, if you are bringing 1 team, you still need to provide one reader). That person may be asked to assist with reading questions and/or scorekeeping. Note that any school whose reader is uncomfortable both reading and scorekeeping must then bring a second person per every two teams to scorekeep (though reading and scorekeeping is not at all difficult for one person to do).
3. Each school must provide a valid contact email address for its contact person. Each school must designate ONE official contact person. This can be a teacher, administrator, or parent.
4. For the 2018-2019 academic year, the Varsity Division is meant for students born in August 2003 or earlier. The Junior Varsity Division is meant for students born from September 2003-August 2005. The Middle School Division is for students born in September 2005 or thereafter. In the Bowl, you can have younger students compete on a team in an older division, but not vice versa. In the Bee, the students can’t play up in an older age division.
5. Teams are limited to SIX students; once you have more students interested, you need to sign up additional teams.
6. For any questions please contact our European Director, Mr. Emilio Ergueta, at firstname.lastname@example.org